Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Twine&Clothespins

This is what I do on my days off...
If you can't tell, it's a form of picture hanging made of twine, nails and clothespins.

Here's why this hapened:

1. I haven't done something real creative in a long while, so I was already antsy for a new project.
2. My sister got me this magnetic picture hanging thing from Urban Outfitters (and a super cute backpack that I wanted) and it got my creativity wheels turning.

My original idea was to make a frame out of spray painted branches, attach some yarn and hang pictures with clothespins. Well, the whole branch thing didn't really work out for me. We didn't have any in our backyard that were available, and I wasn't up for spending money on this project. So instead I just hung up the yarn with tacks and hung pictures from it that way. I didn't really love it. I was upstairs switching out the laundry when I found some twine and I had a brilliant idea. [That's what the picture is of.]

Here's how I did it.... well here's how I did it without all of my errors:
I decided on a width and height in inches that was divisible by 10 to make the squares easy. Mine is 40in. by 100in. I put nails in the wall every 10 inches around the frame of the hanging. I didn't want my twine to sag once I put pictures on it, so I put nails throughout the hanging.... it's hard to explain, so I'll do it with a picture:
So basically everywhere there is a red dot is where I put a nail. ... Yes, it is a lot of nails. And if you have a problem with nails in the wall, well then it's a good thing I didn't do this in your house.

Anyway. I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

That is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment