Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wardstock

Me and Whit performing at the 1st annual Wardstock
So. Our singles ward decided to do a combined activity with another ward, "Wardstock". Basically what it was is a bunch of people singing. Like a concert, but with a ton of different performers. My friend Whitney got roped into performing and she convinced me to sing with her. We sang "When You Say Nothing At All" by Alison Krauss. The original:


There was this guy there who sang like, 5 songs. I'm not complaining because he was way good. He has a...band?... called Built of the Architect. His music is pretty good. Anywho.

It was a really good experience for me to sing in front of an audience. I was so nervous and had to hold onto the mic stand so no one would notice that my hands were shaking so bad. We practiced the song only a few times because we had to change our song the day before. Despite the short notice of change, we got the song down. We even added a few awesome harmonies. But of course when we performed, things did not go so well. Our pianists sheet music fell off the piano. Yikes. But people told us that we sounded good, so I guess I should take their word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment